When I got into a play-by-post game and one of the characters mentioned he had origami skills, I knew I had a source of new inspiration for origami models. I designed this Z-95 headhunter after they mentioned flying one. It turned out to be more difficult than I was anticipating. An X-wing is relatively simple with a frog base, but with the Z-95 you end up with extra paper that you have to use.
Picked up the Star Wars amigurumi crochet kit recently and decided to give the stormtrooper a try. Funny thing, ended up getting delayed on making the arms, so he just stood around like this for a bit until he was dubbed “Stumpy” affectionately.
Eventually he got arms, but until that point we were amused by… well, you know.
Took the opportunity to try my hand at felted wool. About a bazillion needle sticks later, I ended up with the natural wool form and then spread the green green sheet over it. Then came a sliver for each arm, then the face.
Part of a morale-boosting campaign at work, we did project sprints using different letter of the alphabet, so every two weeks, we had a different theme related to Star Wars. The second sprint rolled around and it was time for Bib Fortuna.
Not worrying about the symmetry let me simply draw a 60 degree angle and then put a silhouette of Bib Fortuna down. After that, slice out some bits to accentuate the nose, face contours, and lekku, and you’ve got yourself a Star Wars holiday snowflake!
This time I decided to make a tree village for some Ewok sushi. Pinterest delivered with the idea to do use a dark rice, sesame seeds, and smoked salmon to make the Ewoks. After that, though, I went with a triscuits to form the thatched hut and flooring of the platform, plus pretzels for the railing and a few spears.